This post is a little recap of my blogging adventure and a status report on my resolutions. Don’t you just love a good list or two? I sure do!
When I was in school I always thought of writing as a horrible burden. Producing a mere two pages of text was the WORST. Writing, I thought, was done well by my dad (Dad, you need to start a blog ASAP) and my sister. Not by me!
Lo and behold, after a month of writing on this blog I like it! And some other people happen to like it too! Dang.
I’ve learned a good amount already. Here are some thoughts:
- Winging it either produces an awesome post or a long drawn out writing process. There is no in between for me.
- I should definitely be planning out posts because winging it keeps me up until the wee hours of the night (10 – 11 pm) and then the next day I struggle to live.
- I need to start using a thesaurus because I majorly overuse words like awesome, super, and excited.
- Blogging is helping me connect with new people like I had hoped and I’m so glad!
- It is now confirmed that changing careers is the right decision.
- More writing = better writing.
On to my second topic.
I wanted to do an update on my resolutions so that I can see where I stand. I need some regrouping for sure. Here’s the list of the resolutions for you to check out of you haven’t seen them already.
- Yoga – I’ve really only been stretching which isn’t doing enough for my 10k training (I often have IT band problems if I don’t do yoga). I’ll be planning out my blog posts and workouts better so I can keep up with my yoga classes.
- Food going bad – Up until this week I’ve failed at this one which is sad but as long as I stay on track I should be good.
- New recipes – Again, up until this week I hadn’t tried a new recipe. I finally did on Monday though! I’ll be writing about it soon. I really want to post once a week with each new recipe that I try. Maybe that’ll give me more motivation to actually do it.
- Volunteer – Psh. You know I’m doing this one! I’m keeping up with the volunteering once a week at different places either until I run out of places to go or things to say. Some places I’ll go to again and again but some I won’t. Either way they all have been great experiences so far!
- Write – Success again! As mentioned at the beginning of this post, things are going well with my writing and I’ll definitely be keeping it up. Organization is key though.
And that’s it! I’ve succeeded in some and semi-failed in others. That’s not too shabby for my first month. I’ll be writing a monthly recap of my resolutions to make sure I stay on track. If I’m doing all five of these challenges I really think I’ll be able to stay balanced and healthy.
Wait, you can’t have a post without an image! For Katie’s viewing pleasure – a picture of the girls after one of Roary’s dramatic fits that was talked about here: